You love to build and repair stuff. People come to you to get stuff done because you come up with creative solutions and you are skilled in fixing things to restore order and function. Come work for people who depend on your creativity and skill to keep their homes comfortable and safe: the residents at Golden Years Homestead.
To maintain the grounds, facility, equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor, to assure that a successful maintenance program is maintained at all times.
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor.
- Responsible for grounds upkeep which shall included but not be limited to removal of debris from streets, sidewalks and lawns.
- Assist in removing snow from all walks and driveways around apartments, Villas and buildings of Golden Years
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment including plumbing, plastering, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed.
- Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Skills and Requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable of hand and power tools and equipment used in groundskeeping.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, lawn equipment, telephone, cell phone, radio, computer, and other communication devices.
Hours Per Week:
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday
Full time benefit package available.
Apply by clicking below or in person at:
Golden Years Homestead
3136 Goeglein Road
Fort Wayne IN 46815
Call Gina in Human Resources at 260-749-9655 for more information.
Golden Years Homestead is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.